At the end of the Concluding Mass for WYD Panama 2019 with Pope Francis, Cardinal Kevin Farrell, head of the Vatican's Dicastery for Laity, the Family and Life, announced that the next World Youth Day will take place in 2022 and will be hosted by the city of Lisbon, the capital of Portugal
Check out this cool video that was prepared for the occasion!
Some quick facts about Portugal
- Location: Southwestern Europe
- Population: 10,291,000
- Population living in cities: 65.2%
- Population identifying as Roman Catholic: 81%
- Size: 92,226 km2 (about the size of the state of Maine)
- Capital city: Lisbon (population: 545,245)
- Currency: Euro
- Official language: Portuguese
- National anthem: "A Portuguesa"