Junior Graphic Designer
About the Job
Salt + Light Media is looking for a graphic designer to support the work of its in-house Marketing department.
What you will be doing
- Working with our lead designer on the branding and the design aspects of all our marketing content and media platforms: websites, social media, television, blogs, and podcast, among others.
- Working with various stakeholders across the Marketing and Fundraising teams to understand and support their creative needs
- Creating illustrations and graphics for website, infographics, decks, digital content, events and other marketing materials
- Helping to execute day-to-day internal design requests
- Collaborate on design projects from inception through to completion
- Create designs and concepts for online ads, banners, social media assets, web, emails and in-store printed material
- Manage and maintain branding, UX, UI, functionality, and design of assigned websites
- Reformatting, resizing, and retouching a variety of design assets
- Manage production of all print materials
- Organize and maintain graphics archive
- Responsible for completing any other design projects as assigned
- Working within brand guidelines and ensuring brand consistency across projects
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess
- Diploma(s) or degree in graphic design, web design, or equivalent related training/experience
- Proficient using Mac OS, PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat and Adobe XD
- Proven knowledge of Web development best practices (Responsive design, HTML, CSS)
- Experience in graphic production with a focus on web design
- Strong print or digital portfolio
- Excellent visual communication and email production skills
- Ability to take direction and conceptualize creative design incorporating brand assets
- The ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – both written and verbal
- A collaborative approach to working within the team
- Passion for digital design and new trends and ideas in graphic design
- Daily presence in the Toronto-based office.
- Note: We are currently working remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, but we look forward to returning to the office when it is safe to do so.
How to Apply
Please submit the following with your application:
- Cover Letter
- PDF portfolio or portfolio link
Type of Contract
- Please note this is a fixed term contract that has the possibility of being extended.
- The Government of Canada is funding this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program.
References required upon request.
Deadline for Application
Please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly identify “Junior Graphic Designer” in the subject line. Application deadline is May 14,2021.
We thank all applicants and regret only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
We kindly request no phone solicitations.
Salt + Light Media is devoted to spreading the light of Christ through television, social media, print, and other forms of digital communication in English, French, and Chinese. Dedicated to being – and helping others become – the salt of the earth and the light of the world (Matthew 5:13-14), Salt + Light Media’s mission is to proclaim Jesus Christ and the joy of the Gospel to the world by telling stories of hope that bring people closer to Christ and the Catholic faith.
The Government of Canada funded this job through the Canada Summer Jobs program.