Donor Relations Associate and Grant Writer
With offices in Toronto, Montréal and New York City, Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation, a Canadian registered charity, and Salt and Light Catholic Media USA, Inc., a section 501(c)(3) not for profit charity, are devoted to spreading the Light of Christ to the world through television, social media, podcasts, print and other forms of digital communication in English, French, Italian, Cantonese and Mandarin. Its specialty television network, Salt + Light TV, is carried across Canada on all major cable carriers, satellite TV, online, Roku and Amazon Fire.
Dedicated to being – and helping others become – the salt of the earth and the light of the world (Mt 5:13-14), Salt + Light Media’s mission is to proclaim Jesus Christ and the joy of the Gospel to the world by telling stories of hope that bring people closer to Christ and the Catholic faith.
Salt and Light Catholic Media Foundation is embarking on a growth strategy with a goal to expand the reach of its apostolic mission to all peoples of the world. It is currently seeking a Donor Relations Associate to strengthen its fundraising, development, stewardship and donor relation activities.
The Donor Relations Associate will:
- Report to the Director of Development.
- Be located in the Toronto office of Salt + Light Media.
- Commit to a strong faith-based stewardship approach to the raising of funds.
- Under the supervision of the Director of Development, work closely and effectively with the CEO, key leaders, internal staff and volunteers in the full range of stewardship and development activities on behalf of the foundation.
- Prepare and draft correspondence and donor related copy for the Development Department, including, email campaigns, direct mail campaigns, donation webpages and other fundraising and stewardship activities.
- At the direction of the Director of Development, prepare and draft proposals for grant requests for funds from private foundations and corporations.
- Write donor briefings for the CEO and the Director of Development.
- Participate in the development and implementation of action plans and ensure that they are updated and adapted to current events.
- Participate personally in fundraising activities, maintaining contact with donors before and after gifts are made.
- Prepare and draft communication materials relating to all development and fundraising activities in collaboration with the design team.
- Maintain and update databases.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the Director of Development or CEO.
- Candidates should have a deep understanding of the Catholic faith, the Catholic Church, both local and universal, including its organizational structures, religious orders, foundations, and other Catholic charities.
- Exemplary communications skills, verbal and written, are paramount in this role.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in philanthropy or non-profit organizations.
- Undergraduate degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, Communications or related field of study.
- A post-graduate certificate/degree, and/or additional education in advancement communications is an asset.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in writing grant proposals and applications.
- Ability to thrive and deliver in a high-volume, fast-paced complex environment.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to collaborate positively with other employees at all levels of the organization.
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to set and execute priorities.
- Computer literacy and experience with databases. Knowledge of Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack is an asset.
- Bilingual (French and English) a strong asset.
References required upon request.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary will be determined based on experience.
Deadline for Application
July 20th, 2021
Please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly identify “Associate, Donor Relations” in the subject line. We thank all applicants and regret only those to be considered for an interview will be contacted.
WE KINDLY REQUEST NO PHONE SOLICITATIONS