On November 23, 2014, the Feast of Christ the King, Pope Francis will canonize six blesseds and inscribe them in the roll call of Saints. These blesseds consist of two Indians and four Italians, including one layman and one bishop.
The blesseds who are to be canonized on Sunday are:
- Kuriakose Elias Chavara: A priest and the founder of the Congregation of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate. He is remembered for his solid leadership and is recognized for having saved the Church in Kerala from a schism in 1861.
- Mother Eufrasia Eluvathingal: A member of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Mother of Carmel. She was born in 1877 in Kattur and came to be known as the “Praying Nun.”
- Amato Ronconi: Founder of the hospital known as the "Blessed Amato Ronconi Nursing Home” and a layman member of the Third Order of St. Francis.
- Giovanni Antonio Farina: Italian bishop of Vicenza and the founder of the Institute of the Sisters of Saint Dorothy, Daughters of the Sacred Heart.
- Nicola da Longobardi: Professed oblate of the Order of Minims.
- Ludovico da Casoria: Founder of the Congregation of the Franciscan Sisters Elisabettine and professed priest of the Order of Friars Minor.
Salt + Light will broadcast the mass from Rome at 12:00 pm ET / 9:00 am PT. Watch live